Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Monday, June 8, 2015

J.J. Hardy, 2015 Topps Orioles Team Set #BO-11

I love this card, unfortunate numbering convention notwithstanding. This photo was taken in the bottom of the eighth inning in Game 2 of the 2014 ALDS - Friday, October 3, 2014. Delmon Young had just roped a bases-loaded pinch double into left field, blowing the nonexistent roof off of Oriole Park at Camden Yards. J.J. Hardy is sliding home ahead of Alex Avila's tag to give the O's a 7-6 lead. It's the most exciting moment I've witnessed in person as an Oriole fan, and now it's preserved in card form.

2 comments:

Chris G said...

As a die hard Tigers fan who was sitting in Left Field for this game, I must say I have quite the opposite reaction to seeing this one. Especially since I loved Delmon as a Tiger! I must say though, that was the loudest stadium I've ever been in, including Michigan stadium for a game against Ohio State.

Kevin said...

My sympathies, Chris. After the way the Royals reacted to their first taste of success last year, I hope your Tigers take them to the woodshed this season. Dyson and Hosmer especially drove me bonkers.