Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Marty Cordova, 2003 Topps Heritage #329

The background of Marty Cordova's card is blank, a washed-out slate of blue that brings to mind a solid sheet of ice. We're smack in the middle of January, and it's one of those gray, frigid winter days that makes me want to wrap myself in a cocoon of sheets and blankets. If I had my way, I might refuse to leave the house until the temperature nudges back over 50 degrees. The alarm sounded at 5:30 this morning and I desperately pushed back the curtain from the bedroom window, hoping to see snow on the ground. No such luck, and for good measure Janet rolled over and told me that she hadn't gotten any delay or closing alerts on her phone. I laid in the dark for five minutes, arguing with myself about whether I should steal another hour of sleep and warmth and comfort, or if I should suck it up and get moving. Since I work on a flex schedule, "suck it up" won out, but it was a bitter fight. There's still more than two months of winter left, and this weather is already wearing me down.
 I think bears have the right idea.

3 comments:

Commishbob said...

I had to look him up and it turns out his career exactly coincides with my time not watching baseball.

I hope the weather improves for you. It's no better here in Houston. January is just a big gray pile of suck.

GMan said...

Best trip to the disabled list ever?

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow/sports-embarrassinginjuries/20/

Kevin said...

Bob - We've at least gotten sunshine the past few days. Still topping out around 40 degrees, but that's a start.

GMan - It's on the short list for sure.