Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Monday, October 13, 2014

Matt Riley, 2000 Skybox Metal Universe Talent Show #2

Tonight's schedule Game Three of the ALCS in Kansas City was a bigger washout than Matt Riley. The game was postponed due to heavy rains, called off three hours before the scheduled 8 PM start time. The Orioles and Royals will try again tomorrow, with Wei-Yin Chen trying to best Jeremy Guthrie and prop up Baltimore's flagging hopes. The waiting is driving me up a wall, but I'll hang in for another 22 hours.

3 comments:

Zach said...

What, no Calvin Pickering or Ryan Kohlmaier cards readily available?

Kevin said...

Zach - Exactly. Matt Riley was the nearest bust, so I picked on him.

Let's Find H-Man A Wife said...

Recall, Matt Riley had a few good weeks and then his arm went bust; three Tommy John surgeries. Named my second child after him and Riley at 2 years old, met Matt Riley in Chicago (nice guy). Oh, my latest book is out.
http://www.lulu.com/shop/bill-pemstein/tales-from-orioles-nation/paperback/product-21757959.html