Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Ramon Hernandez, 2007 Topps Heritage #429

Hey, I'm back! I've returned from a birthday/belated honeymoon trip to Ireland. I had a marvelous time, and even kept tabs on the Orioles whenever I could snag a Wi-Fi signal. I can't say that I expected to find the O's with the largest division lead in the majors when I returned home, but here they are, five games up on Toronto and bearing down on Oakland and the Angels for the best record in MLB. As Janet and I took a connecting flight home from Boston yesterday afternoon, I even got to watch the Birds batter sore loser John Lackey and the Cardinals thanks to the wonders of in-flight satellite TV. 28-year-old rookie Caleb Joseph broke the team record for catchers by homering in his fifth consecutive game, breaking the mark set by Gus Triandos and tied by Ramon Hernandez. Now that I'm back on this side of the Atlantic, I'm eager to see the Orioles finish the job down the stretch.

1 comment:

TTG said...

Glad you had a great time abroad but, on a more selfish note, I'm glad your blogs are back in action!